Regular Season Conclusion

UPDATE:  The Playoff Schedule has been posted.  It can be found on the Schedule page.

The final games of the regular season were played last Saturday, in addition to the Play in Games.  The final regular season standings, and playoff seedings are:

1.  Warriors
2.  Frontline
3.  More Cowbell
4.  Alpacas
5.  Who’s Next
6.  Team Jesus
7.  Venture
8.  Team Force
9.  Shake n Bake
10. Full Armor
11.  Knights

The final regular season scoreboard and standings have been posted to the Weekly Results page. 

Play in results:

Venture 26
Full Armor 12

Team Force 26
Shake n Bake 18

Team Jesus 34
Knights 18

Advertisements

11/22 Update

Two regular season games will be played on 11/22, followed by the 3 play in games.  Saturday’s schedule will be:

  • 8 am: Team Jesus v. Full Armor
  • 9:05: Alpacas v. Shake n Bake
  • 10:10: 7 seed v. Full Armor
  • 11:15: Team Force v. Shake n Bake
  • 12:20: 6 seed v. Knights

Now for the other scenarios to determine seeds 6 and 7:
 
Scenario 1A: Alpacas win the 9:05 game and Team Jesus wins their 8 am game by 43 or more points:

  • Alpacas and Team Jesus get play in byes
  • Venture and Who’s Next play in the play in games
    • Who’s Next would be the 6 seed and play the Knights at 12:20
    • Venture would be the 7 seed and play Full Armor at 10:10

 
Scenario 1B: Alpacas win the 9:05 game and Team Jesus wins their 8am game by less than 43 points:

  • Alpacas and Who’s Next get play in byes
  • Team Jesus and Venture play in the play in games
    • Team Jesus would be the 6 seed and play the Knights at 12:20
    • Venture would be the 7 seed and play Full Armor at 10:10

 
Scenario 2: Alpacas lose and Team Jesus wins (regardless of margin of victory):

  • Team Jesus and Who’s Next get play in byes
  • Alpacas and Venture play in the play in games
    • Venture would be the 6 seed and play the Knights at 12:20
    • Alpacas would be the 7 seed and play Full Armor at 10:10

 
Scenario 3: Alpacas lose and Team Jesus loses

  • Venture and Who’s Next get play in byes
  • Alpacas and Team Jesus play in the play in games
    • Alpacas would be the 6 seed and play the Knights at 12:20
    • Team Jesus would be the 7 seed and play Full Armor at 10:10

Scenario 4: Alpacas win and Team Jesus loses

  • Alpacas and Who’s Next get play in byes 
  • Venture and Team Jesus play in the play in games
    • Venture would be the 6 seed and play the Knights at 12:20
    • Team Jesus would be the 7 seed and play Full Armor at 10:10

***WEATHER UPDATE***

I’ve made the decision to cancel the games today.  I’ll reschedule today’s 1:25 and 2:30 games for next Saturday at 8 am and 9:05 respectively.  The playin games will follow those games and I’ll get you a schedule for that shortly.  This was another tough decision and I apologize for having to make it.

11/14 Weather Update

Once again, the forecast for tomorrow doesn’t look good.  I’m going to see what happens this evening, and probably through the night before making a call tomorrow morning.  Please check back after about 6:30 am Saturday morning.
 
Currently, I’m taking an “all or none” approach to the first 5 games tomorrow.  But if we have to cancel tomorrow, I’m going to try and reschedule the final 2 games of the day (Team Jesus/Full Armor, and Alpacas/Shake ‘n Bake) for the play in weekend.  Those games would be at 8 and 9:05, and then the playins would begin at 10:10.  I think that makes it a little cleaner…a full week of games would be cancelled, and then we would make up the 2 leftover makeup games.
  
Any comments or suggestions are welcome, and please let me know what questions you have.

Jonathan

11/8 Games Update

Currently the forecast is calling for some rain.  However, I’m not planning on doing a wholesale cancellation of games tomorrow.  I’m going to work with the officials, who are going to keep a close eye both on the rain and the condition of the field, and we’re going to play as many games as we can tomorrow.
 
This means a couple of things….first, plan for your game being played tomorrow and being at the field on time.

Second, unfortunately, we run the risk of having teams out at the field and having to cancel the games.  IF this happens, I ask that everyone support that decision, keep a good attitude, and not argue the decision with the officials.  I don’t want to make teams go out to the field, only to find their game has been cancelled.  But b/c of the weather this fall, we’re in a bit of a bind to get these games in, so we’ve got to do something like this.  Please know that neither I nor the officials want to cancel the games.  Cancellation of any game will only be done if the safety of the players or condition of the field is at risk. 
 
If possible, I’ll use the captians contact sheet to call you in the event your game is cancelled.  But the forecast is varied, so it may be gametime decisions.  Thanks